Life is rough. It doesn’t matter what age or stage you’re at, some weeks just suck. This week was one such week.
Instead of ranting or complaining, I though I’d share my favorite little things in life. These are things that make a day better or I wouldn’t survive without:
Note: I’m omitting foods, drinks, and people because this list would simply be too long 🙂
1. My couch – My couch is my spot for relaxation. At the end of the day when everything is done, you’ll find me on my couch. I work from it, nap on it, watch movies or TV, knit from it, and have even considered moving my easel into the living room.
2. Nature – Flowers may be my favorite thing ever. I also love trees, grass, clouds, rain, animals, etc. I’m not one to go camping or hiking, but I love watching birds outside my window and seeing deer peek their head through the treeline. Nature can be calm or destructive, but it’s beauty you can’t buy and something that always brings me peace.
3. My dog – My little dog is a pain sometimes, but he is one of the sweetest and smartest dogs I’ve ever owned. Every day when I come home, he gives me belly and has to be picked up. It’s the only time of day I have to hold him like a baby up on my shoulder.
4. Quiet time – I need quiet time. There are some days I won’t turn on the TV or stereo. There are nights I shut everything down and just enjoy silence. I even turn off my phone occasionally to get away from it all. Quiet time is essentially to my sanity, especially after a stressful week.
5. Watching whatever I want – I don’t hide my guilty TV/movie pleasures. I love to watch romcoms, teen movies, River Monsters, tattoo shows, Shark Tank, and several more people “don’t expect” me to enjoy. I grew up with three other people in the house, so it’s nice not to have to share lol.
6. Music – Medicine to my soul. Music has been a huge part of me since I was a toddler. It helps through tough times, cheers me up, and releases stress and nervous energy. This week it was all Rage Against the Machine, but I’m ending the weekend with U2’s Rattle and Hum.
7. Control of the thermostat – I realize a lot of people fight over this. Most people I’ve lived with like it at 72 or below. Well, I’m cold natured, so I like it warmer. I freeze at 72 or 73. Having the power to set it at 76 and be comfortable is awesome, and something I never take for granted.
Feel free to share your favorite little things, and here’s to a good week!